AWEL AUR RESIDENTIAL ALTERATIONS

The project involves the repair, alteration and extension to the Grade II Listed Awel Aur House in Llandeilo.

Awel Aur was the Vicarage attached to the local church and was built in 1879 to serve the Parish of Llanfihangel Aberbythch, also known as Golden Grove.

The works comprise:
• Removal of the existing roof setting aside the existing slates and upgrading the insulation
• Renewal of existing windows
• Internal conservation repairs and alterations to the Grade II* listed house

• New kitchen extension to the house including new basement area
• The refurbishment of the existing coach house and the construction of a new garage
• Construction of an external terraced area
• Construction of new retaining walls, alteration to existing main
• entrance walls, construction of new paths and steps and associated landscaping works
• Alterations and extension to existing drainage system

CLIENT:
Dr & Mrs J Lewis

VALUE:
£1.7m

CONTRACT:
JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2011

ARCHITECT:
Craig Hamilton Architects

CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEER:
Frank W. Haywood and Associates

Next PostPrevious Post