WRW have a great appreciation for the built environment and share CADW’s views regarding heritage and the conservation of historical buildings.
This Grade II Listed iconic structure was sympathetically restored for new use as a top class restaurant and training academy for future Welsh Chefs.
The repair and refurbishment works comprised of:
• Cleaning and repointing of the stonework, including heads and sills.
• Reclamation and re-use of original oak timbers.
• Incorporation of existing features into new design.
• New build elements; kitchens, offices and managers apartment.
• Re-use and reclamation of former copper water pump into feature bar.
• Exterior piazza with glazed balustrading.
• Automatically activated roof lights.
• Underfloor heating system ensuring building character remains untainted.
• External works including car parking, provision of new footpaths around the building, boundary walls constructed from recycled materials and planting of trees and vegetation.
Bendigo 9-10 Ltd
NEC 3 Option C
CIVIL & STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: