This project involved general upgrading of the existing Trevethin Village Core in Pontypool. The site consists of four buildings which include; a terraced row of seven single storey retail units, a single storey council and police office, a community centre and a single storey flat roofed store. Works included:
• Demolition of the existing council / police office.
• Construction of a new single storey Social Enterprise Centre to include offices for community and police services and a community cafe.
• Construction of new roofs.
• Renewal of existing shop fronts and recladding of buildings.
• Construction of new pathways, ramps and steps
• Alteration and relaying of car park
• Hard and soft landscaping
• New fencing, handrails and balustrading
• Drainage and statutory service works
Works were carried out whilst the existing shops and community centre remained in operation. The front entrance was in constant use by mothers and toddlers and elderly persons and we provided alternative access prior to construction works progressing.
Bron Afon Community Housing
CIVIL & STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: