This project involved the redevelopment of an existing industrial unit for the design and manufacture of high-pressure pipe clamp and flange connectors for use in the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries.
Works comprised the part demolition and redevelopment of the existing building to form a new two-story office and workshop facility and all associated external works. The main elements of the project comprised:
- New ground and mezzanine level offices and meeting rooms
- New staff canteen and welfare facilities
- New entrance reception with ‘pop-out viewing gallery
- Associated stair/lift access provisions
- New glazed front façade to complement the proposed internal works
Refurbishment works within the existing warehouse involved decoration, replacement lighting, and installation of various machines, some with new foundations and services.
A section of the existing warehouse continued to be occupied by Warburtons Bakery and their operations and use of this part of the building had to remain unaffected during the works.