The works carried out on this Grade I Listed ancient monument provides public access into part of the castle for the first time in hundreds of years and also include a 30ft high glass bridge. Other works include:
- Construction of a new visitor’s centre utilising a pre-fabricated panellised system which is recognised as a modern method of construction (MMC).
- Upgrade of the existing toilet block located outside the castle walls.
- Extensive repairs and stabilisation of castles walls utilising Cintec Anchors.
- Improvement of access in and around the building including disabled access.
- External works including re-profiling areas of the surrounding landscape in preparation for new paths and access routes.