WRW has a great appreciation for the built environment and shares CADW’s views regarding heritage and the conservation of historical buildings. This Grade II Listediconic structure was sympathetically restored for new use as a top-class restaurant and training academy for future Welsh Chefs.
The repair and refurbishment work comprised of:
- Cleaning and repointing of the stonework, including heads and sills.
- Reclamation and re-use of original oak timbers.
- Incorporation of existing features into a new design.
- New build elements; kitchens, offices, and manager’s apartment.
- Re-use and reclamation of former copper water pump into feature bar.
- Exterior piazza with glazed balustrading.
- Automatically activated roof lights.
- Underfloor heating system ensuring building character remains untainted.
- External works including car parking, provision of new footpaths around the building, boundary walls constructed from recycled materials, and planting of trees and vegetation.